Our mission is to give people the power, knowledge, and motivation to change the way they govern and participate in democratic organizations. We will help people experiment with different methods of governance and work together to create a better future, whatever they envision.
Using our tools, individuals who don’t have fair access to financial systems may take control and compete in a society that is imbalanced and stacked against them, without needing the approval of the wealthy or elite. Anyone who wants to engage in a democratic organization with a shared financial treasury can do so using Paideia.
The tools we create will allow anyone to initiate and manage a DAO with no prior knowledge or experience, empowering groups of individuals to pool their wealth and put it toward a common aim.
Through Paideia, DAOs will be able to:
- Distribute governance tokens
- Raise funds
- Manage their treasury
- Track member reputation
- Provide liquidity
- Initiate and manage staking contracts
- Create proposals on expenditures or governance
- Have a forum for stakeholders to discuss all ideas and proposals
- Easily deploy their funds to achieve their goals
- Experiment with different types of automated algorithmic democratic processes
Our core values include:
- Maintain open and transparent communication with the community.
- Behave in a trustworthy way at all times
- Provide equitable access to anyone on the globe, regardless of class, wealth, upbringing, or any other irrelevant metric.
- Provide education and empowerment.
- Create safe, trustworthy smart-contracts that cannot be tampered with by any malicious actors.
- Give communities a space to communicate and share ideas.
Paideia will be initially managed by the development team. As the project evolves, the Paideia DAO will transition into a fully self-governing entity, and any management roles that remain will be filled by qualified individuals selected by the DAO. These decisions will be made by DAO votes, to maintain decentralized governance of the project.